Snow, Snow and more Snow in Jerusalem

Yesterday I was complaining that a 20-year-old photo

was posted showing snow in Jerusalem, Israel.

snow in Jerusalem photo

Then overnight it snowed in Jerusalem,

snow in Jerusalem photo

and snowed

Snow in Jerusalem

and snowed.

Snow in Jerusalem photo

Black and white photos?

No, at times everything looked white and grey.

Jerusalem snow photo

Lemons were still yellow, frozen lemonade anyone?

Snow photo Jerusalem

Israeli flags were still blue and white,

Jerusalem snow photo

and at least one cat was out.

Jerusalem snow photo

The Knesset Building as seen in a lull in the storm,

Jerusalem snow photos

The Israel Museum could not be seen some times in the storm.

Jerusalem snow photos DSC_0642e

People came out to play and walk in the white stuff.

Jerusalem in snow photo

Nachlaot red roofs were colored white, as was the Valley of the Cross.

Jerusalem snow photos

When the sky cleared it was a beautiful sight.

Jerusalem snow photos

Some larger vehicles ventured out.

DSC_0631e

I wanted snow in Jerusalem,

Jerusalem photo snow

and we got it!

Snow photo Jerusaelm

I got my Jerusalem snow photos, so please share them,

I have had enough snow today for the next 20 years.

16 thoughts on “Snow, Snow and more Snow in Jerusalem

• January 10, 2013 at 3:03 pm

We had beautiful snow cover out here in the Hills. But Jerusalem in white looked so tantalizing on the horizon. Wish I could have gotten in to the city somehow. Your beautiful photos are a big consolation. Let’s enjoy our snow and dry houses!

• January 10, 2013 at 3:16 pm

I would be happy if we just had these photos for the next 20 years. Dai K’var!

• January 11, 2013 at 7:58 am

These photos are just beautiful. I wanted to describe our scenes tfrom our mirpeset to friends in the “Old Country”, now I can forward the proof to them. Thank you so much Sharon, Shabbat Shalom,

• January 11, 2013 at 10:22 am

Fabulous photos! I’m so jealous. My daughter in Gush Etzion got some great photos – and lots of snow – while here in the center we got zilch. Just rain and rain and hail and high winds and very cold temperatures.

On the other hand I remember how I wasn’t madly keen on actually being in the snow as a kid in London. I just liked looking at it from the warmth of indoors.

Still, Jerusalem in the snow. Just beautiful! Hope you thawed out well after your walk with your camera!

• January 12, 2013 at 10:40 pm

Thank you! The snow piles from plowing are still there in Gush Eztion, but a lot melted everywhere on Friday…enough snow, but now ice can be a problem in many places.

• Pingback: Real Colors of Jerusalem, Israel « The Real Jerusalem Streets

• February 6, 2013 at 6:31 am

Hey, unrelated to this post… I nominated you for a Liebster Award. Check out my latest post 🙂

• Pingback: Jerusalem Fall Colors Under Snow | The Real Jerusalem Streets