I love the signs in Jerusalem, Israel.
I wonder if it’s a ‘Only in Israel’ thing?
Here are photos of 9 of my favorite signs.
1. The city of Jerusalem wishes students good luck on the new school year.
2. This sign was only up for a short time. I’m not sure how authentic
the “cheeps” were, but they are still in business with a different sign.
3. When it comes to English spelling, this is an example of excellence.
4. The city in its wisdom is changing all “ch” to “h” in street signs.
It works for “Habad” Street, but “Hen” Street?
5. Then there are the Hebrew equivalents for English brand names,
6. This sign in Kikar Safra, Safra Square, is just asking to be touched.
7. New signs are up for the municipal elections to be held on November 20
for community representatives in ”Heart of the City” neighborhood.
8. Remember this old sign at the entrance to “Yad Yitzchak Ben-Zvi,
the library of the former Israeli President?
This is the sign on the brand new Yad Ben-Zvi building
to be dedicated tonight,
which will house its international school on Jerusalem studies.
9. Sometimes it is hard to know which way to go
and even harder to predict what will happen next.
Southern Israel has been bombarded by rockets from Gaza,
though you would never know it by the media headlines.
If this post seems too lite under the circumstances,
please read this brilliant blog which sums it all up so well.