Signs of the Sukkot holiday can be found before Yom Kippur,
but as the fast day ends serious holiday preparations begin.
Here are the ten best ways to tell the Sukkot holiday is approaching:
1. Sukkot begin to fill outdoor porches,
any 3 walls not under a tree or overhang is covered with schach, becomes a sukkah.
2. Stands selling colorful decorations for the sukkah pop up all over.
3. Number three is lulav shopping.
It can be done in a supermarket,
but for serious consumers
there are special markets for the arba minim.
Rows of etrogim
and piles of hadasim and aravot.
Each item is carefully
examined and studied
for perfect specimens.
4. Finding the right holiday clothing is a must.
5. Family reunions for the holiday are a good reason to smile.
6. Shopping and cooking for all those guests becomes a major task.
7. Police security check in Machane Yehuda market, the shuk goes to the dogs.
8. With thousands of extra visitors and shoppers, traffic jams are a regular sight.
9. An Elvis impersonator singing on a shopping strip is not a regular sight,
just a sign that you never know what to expect in Jerusalem.
10. Recently, this sign had been at another intersection, then reappeared here,
The holy Jewish people have a responsibility of unity
and unconditional love
I do not know who posted it, but the message is an interesting one.
Random acts of violence have increased over the last week.
However, for most people it is hard not to notice that the holiday season is here.