Everyone loves pictures of Jerusalem covered in white,
but there was no snow today, even though
it was cold enough to use a refrigerator thermometer inside.
When the sun shines…it is time to go outside and warm up.
While walking around Jerusalem today, I found 8 things
that won’t make the headlines.
1. Bikur Cholim Hospital did not close as was threatened
and babies are delivered there by the thousands.
2. On Mea Shearim Street,
there were puddles on the sidewalks, but buses were running in the streets.
3. Traffic backed up on this side street long enough
for people to stop honking and get out of their cars to look.
The problem…a delivery of toilet paper around the corner.
Perhaps the guys on the Segway have a good idea?
4. There was no sign of separate
but some signs were gone.
5. Pink laundry was hanging out to dry,
demonstrating that not all Mea Shearim clothing is black.
However, long black clothing can be attention grabbing too.
6. It’s sale time in Mamilla Mall
and as always…Muslim women shop.
7. Small children still walk home from school alone.
8. Flocks of birds enjoy Jerusalem everyday.
But one thing sure to make headlines…
the new bus routes that begin on Friday the 13th.